Performance and durability are two factors we look at when rating an elliptical machine, and it’s always at the front of our mind as we conduct our reviews.
Fortunately the AFG 3.3AE passes our research tests with flying colors with a mixture of great training functionality, coupled with a strong sturdy design. Looking over their past models performance, it quite obvious they have produced plenty of solid products in the past that have got people results.
- Part of JHT health and fitness company umbrella, who are known for providing quality sports and exercise equipment. The AFG brand is no different. It may be newer, but the quality is still there.
- Users will have plenty of options to choose from in terms of how much incline they work with. Powering up an artificial climb can really work wonders on your leg and butt muscles. And with twenty levels built in, there is a lot of variety to progressively train through.
- Alongside the incline settings, is the levels of resistance built in. In total, there is twenty differing tension options, some are for beginners, some are for the more intensive users. One things for sure though, there is a resistance for everyone.
- A nice and long stride length is key in our opinion. Too short, can really limit your workouts, so it will be appreciated that the 3.3AE has a twenty inch stride.
- Includes a nice and large seven and a half inch console screen for keeping an eye on all your performance data as you train.
- The flywheel is magnetic and weighs twenty three pounds for smooth, consistent and fluid motions.
- The frame is made from powder coated steel to ensure a good level of durability.
- At 325 weight capacity, it’s not quite the strongest machine on the market. But it will cater for the majority of people looking for new home gym cardio equipment. Having said that, it does seem to be in line with some of the more popular trainers on the market including the Diamondback Fitness 1260EF and the ProForm Endurance 720 E.
What are consumers saying?
Currently, being a reasonably new product, there isn’t a whole lot of feedback. This will change over time as people upgrade their older models to newer options. Keep an eye on this section for updates.
The 3.3AE elliptical machine is fantastic for people working with a medium to higher budget. There is plenty on offer for it to be very effective in a home gym environment, and lots of ways to track your progress as the weeks go by.