The S5.5 indoor spin bike is a piece of fitness equipment that will fit quite easily into most households for the purpose of squeezing your cardio in at home. It operates on a chain drive system with felt resistance and has a heavy, forty eight pound flywheel for a smoother peddling motion.
Also, several design features are adjustable to ensure riders can get themselves into a position they feel most comfortable peddling in. So for those of you with a medium budget, this could be one to watch.
We have looked into the main highlights and functionality of this bike below to show our readers what to expect from it.
- With a felt resistance system, riders can go at their own pace. It doesn’t matter if you’re new to exercising, or someone who has been training for years, this bike could potentially play a part in your cardio training from home.
- A forty eight pound flywheel ensures a stable, smooth, and consistent peddling motion. This is a slightly above average weight for a flywheel in this price range in our view, with several falling around the 40 pounds and lower mark.
- The saddle is padded and shaped like a racing seat. It can also be adjusted to meet your own positional requirements.
- The same adjustments can be made to the handlebars at the front, to ensure you are gripping it in a position your hands and arms feel at ease in.
- It’s equipped with a steel frame that can withstand user weight limits of up to three hundred pounds, which is inline with several of its competitors such as the Diamondback 510ic and the Keiser M3 cycle.
- Transportation wheels will make moving it around the household easier.
- The warranty policy included provides coverage for two years on parts and one year on labor.
- A small computerized console at the front above the handles will display training feedback about your current ride. These statistics will include things like distance, calories, speed, and time. All of which are expected in modern designs, but important inclusions nonetheless.
The Freemotion S5.5 doesn’t strike us as the most advanced option on the spin bike market, but you can’t expect that for something that falls into the medium budget range. For the price, there is plenty to keep both beginners and advanced users alike busy and challenged. Plus, for those of you concerned about space usage, this model only takes up an area measuring 46.80 inches by 54.50 inches by 19.50 Inches.