Looking through the workout tracking functionality, alongside the wide range of training applications programmed into the console, it’s easy to see why it has fast become one of the most popular choices for consumers.
A sturdy frame, with levelers both ends, plus durable materials used for the tubing. lay the foundations for a strong, reliable platform from which to cycle.
- A seat design that offers more lumbar support than your traditional upright and indoor styles. This support will help riders feel more at ease and comfortable whilst cycling.
- Plenty of choice in workout programs. There are 29 in total which is certainly above what we consider to be average in the exercise bike industry. Some are goal based, others are there to help you improve your stamina and lose weight. Whichever you work with, the benefits that stand to be gained are huge.
- A perimeter weighted flywheel, and respectable amount of resistance built in. There are 25 levels of difficulty so that people from all walks of life can get the most out of this bike.
- Someone who is a total beginner to exercise will have plenty of room to progress their fitness level.
- A large console which displays and stores all the exercise data in one place.
- Lighter than some similar models at 101 pounds, but also sturdy at the same time with a maximum user weight capacity of 300 pounds.
- Easy to get on and off thanks to a step through frame design.
- Complaint about the packaging it came in from some users.
- Some people felt that the bike didn’t feel sturdy enough when peddling.
- Whilst it’s very affordable, it’s still not a budget model like the Exerpeutic 900xl or even the Pro 11.2x from Weslo. Both are very good options and quite popular among consumers.
Highly adjustable, supportive and comfortable are just a few of the ways we would describe the Schwinn 270’s design.
There is a rail in the center of the frame, underneath the seat that riders can use to slide closer towards the peddles or further away, accounting for the amount of variety in cyclist leg length. To adjust, there is a easy to lift lever.
The seating is both contoured and padded to maximize comfort and keep cyclists focused on their training goals rather than the aches and pains whilst working out. Staying focused is as important as any other trait, and comfort is the force driving it.
Two levellers on either side of the machine and heavy duty framework towards the center of the bike give it a sturdy, strong and durable feeling.
A high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel will keep the expected performance levels high and keep things consistent, smooth, and surprisingly low noise levels.
The frame itself is a great option for senior citizens and users who tend to have recurring injuries, that may otherwise struggle dismounting from other kinds of exercise bikes. When you couple this with the amount of support provided, you have a winning combination.
Heart rate handles are also included. These handles contain sensors that feed the pulse rate data back to the console. They are ergonomically designed and great for taking both active and resting heart rates.
Packed with some of the best exercise technology you will find in recumbent bikes, the Schwinn 270 will prove a consistent and reliable cardio training platform for many users old to young, fit to unfit.
A rather impressive 25 resistance levels will offer the challenge variety many people require. This is even more impressive when you consider the Nautilus R614 has 20. The more on offer, the better in most cases as it can work well for interval training. Simply put 100% effort into the max level you can sustain for 5-10 minutes, then bring it down to a lower resistance to catch your breath. Rinse and repeat, and you have the blueprint for high intensity interval training or HIIT.
There are also 29 workout programs that encompass a whole selection of training features. This is a fair amount more than it’s sister product – the Schwinn 230. Some will help you work towards weight loss, others will help in improving your stamina and heart rate. One things for certain though, you are not going to be short of options, which can often be the case with lower tier models.
Console and data tracking
More often than not, Schwinn offer some great technology in their consoles. That is the case here with real time data being sent to the DualTrack LCD monitor on the front of the bike.
Such data includes everything about your latest workouts such as heart rate control, fitness tests, recovery tests, several custom profile based and many more. All designed by professionals.
Users can also find the buttons needed to control the various exercise functionality such as resistance, and programs.
A short video overview covering it’s main features.
What are consumers saying about it?
After doing a little research and comparing it with what we believe are the most closely related models, we can see that this has been receiving some great feedback from consumers. Common comments talked about the ease of putting it together, along with how sturdy it feels.
However some negative feedback contradicts the sturdy statement, with some saying it swayed too much as they peddled. This opinion is outweighed by the positives thoughts though.
Their is a clear correlation between the amount of people commenting on this bikes quality and the growing popularity The Schwinn 270 is certainly one model that we feel is a stand out option in the recumbent bike market. The amount of choice in training applications, resistance, plus some great features in the design to make the rider feel as comfortable as possible, make this a winner in our book.