Whilst comparing various folding treadmills, we think it’s fair to say the Sole F85 is up there with the best. Manufactured by one of the leading brands in the fitness market, it’s easy to see why this model has become so popular for those that love exercising.
Equipped with a powerful 4.0 CHP motor, a large running area, and plenty of training options to work on your stamina, this will certainly be a good match for someone with a medium to higher budget for their home gym equipment.
- Specially designed decking that will flex and cushion your feet each time you land, which will do a fantastic job in keeping the impact on your body to a minimum.
- Powerful motor clearly designed to help you get the most out of your training. It’s got 4.0 continuous horsepower and will propel the tread bet to speeds between 0.5 and 12 miles per hour. The power and performance offered here is significantly better than the Nautilus T614 and several other low budget models, such as the Weslo Cadenge G 5.9.
- A larger than average tread belt measuring at 22 inches in width and 60 inches in length. Those of you who are taller than the average runner will certainly appreciate this as many brands design for what’s considered the average ranges.
- Solid warranty included.
- Users can copy the effect hill running has on your muscles using the incline option. You will be able to train on a slope measuring up to 15%.
- Plenty of positive ratings found around the web from actual users.
- Many will agree that there is more affordable options out there. In fact, we feel this is a treadmill better suited to both intermediate and advanced runners. However, if you’re a beginner with a larger than average budget, this can serve as a fantastic cardio platform for you too.
- Some people complained that the control panel area was too low. Bear this in mind if you are quite a tall user.
A design that offers simplicity and convenience, but at the same time, a wealth of training options to keep you in shape and healthy.
The folding option is just the tip of the iceberg. A solid frame and surprisingly spacious running surface, along with the built in cushioning allow the F85 to excel in areas other machines have failed.
The dimensions fully assembled are 35 x 58 x 80″ and the running area measures 22 x 60″. So, even though it does fold, users will need quite of space in their home to run on it. The fact that the belt measures 22″ width makes this a winner. In most cases, this tends to max out at 20″, but this extra room removes that feeling of being enclosed.
A rather large weight capacity recommendation from Sole says users can train on this at weights of up to 400 pounds. This is well above the industry average and will allow almost all people of all sizes to jog or walk on it.
A rack and pinion incline feature that will enable joggers to work out on gradients of up to 15% which matches the Horizon Fitness Elite T9, and anything in between. Finding a good mix between hill running, interval training and flat distance running can do wonders to your fitness and endurance, so when treadmill manufacturers add in that little bit extra to improve the intensity of your runs, it’s always welcome.
The powerful motor will add consistent performance and power to the tread belt at speeds of up to twelve miles per hour. The good thing about this and the incline, is it gives plenty of room for progress. You’re not going to find yourself running at the top speed on the top gradient overnight. This is something that will take years to master.
Ten built in workout programs is a little on the low side at this price point when we analyze and research what similar treadmills offer. However, there is a good amount installed to the console that will keep you on your toes. You have 2 custom options, 2 based around pulse rate and heart health, and 6 standard training options that will aid you in reaching your weight loss goals.
Console and data tracking
As usual, the console and control panel are located at the front of the F85. On it, users will find all the controls to change the training difficulty such as the tread belt speed, what exercise program to work with and much more.
People will also be able to get a detailed overview on your performances through the use of data being fed to the console in real time. Nothing out of the ordinary at this price point, but an important feature nonetheless. You will be able to read info about your speed, how far you ran, and how quickly.
What are consumers saying?
There has certainly been a positive reaction from consumers who have purchased it. At this higher price point, you often get mixed feeling towards cardio equipment as expectations tend to be higher. In this particular case however, their is a majority that have praised it’s features and are happy with their purchase.
When researching into the negative side of things, we found some people didn’t think the height of its console area was high enough, so they were struggling more than they needed, to reach the controls.
After getting an understanding all of all the training options available, we have come to the conclusion that the Sole F85 treadmill is one of the best folding treadmills available. The wealth and depth of the spec list highlight key areas it stands out where others fall short.
Plenty of speed, intensity, and workout applications will keep you pushing towards a healthier future. If you have a medium to upper budget, it’s certainly worth considering as the value and quality is there.